As the nation’s largest metropolitan chamber of commerce, GCP’s member-driven policy agenda is the result of substantial participation from the region’s business community. The 2021-2022 Public Policy Agenda focuses on four important themes to accelerate economic growth and regional prosperity:
1. Build and Sustain an Environment the Allows Businesses to Thrive
2. Lay the Groundwork for an Inclusive, Resilient Economic Infrastructure
3. Invest in a Better Future for Business Owners, Students, and Workers
4. Increase Our Region’s Competitive Advantage through Structural Reform
This agenda serves as a roadmap for GCP’s advocacy work, prioritizing the policies and principles our members know businesses need to be successful.
GCP works in partnerships and coalitions to advance its public policy agenda. These coalitions include:
- The Greater Cleveland Civic Connection which promotes regular collaboration between private sector leadership and five vital public agencies–City of Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, Port of Cleveland and the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District—along with others.
- The Great Lakes Metro Chambers Coalition is a collective of chambers of commerce across the Great Lakes region that jointly advocate on core policy issues, including water quality, immigration reform, trade, and transportation and infrastructure.
- The Ohio Metro Chambers Coalition is comprised of nine chambers of commerce representing Ohio’s largest metropolitan areas and the Ohio Chamber of Commerce. Its current focus is on promoting policies that help Ohio become more flexible, adaptive and innovative.
- The National Small Business Association (NSBA) is a nonpartisan organization with 65,000 members in every state and every industry in the U.S.
- The Ohio Aerospace & Aviation Council is designed to strengthen and grow Ohio’s aerospace and aviation industry including related federal, academic, nonprofit installations and assets.