business Growth Collaborative
GCP supports the growth and development of minority-owned businesses in the region with the goal of increasing revenue, value and size.
The Business Growth Collaborative (BGC) brings together 11 Greater Cleveland nonprofits in a resource ecosystem that is easy to navigate and meets the needs of diverse entrepreneurs and small business owners. The 11 partners meet regularly to collectively coordinate on helping clients grow and develop. Areas of assistance include:
- Business formation (certifications, licenses, legal requirements)
- Business plan development (technical assistance, mentoring, education)
- Financial education (credit building, financial management)
- Access to funding (small business loans, government grants)
- Prototype development, market validation, and manufacturing readiness
- Peer support and networking
- Access to government and corporate procurement opportunities
The BGC’s vision is to catalyze economic growth through more equitable wealth and job creation. The BGC partners believe that collaboration is necessary for creating a streamlined, coordinated system which is simple to navigate, reduces historical barriers to access, and places the needs of the entrepreneur first.
Businesses that are selected to participate will complete an assessment designed to identify the business’ strengths and areas for potential development.
The assessment’s results will serve as a starting point to determine how the resources of the collaborative best align with business needs.