The 2022 IT Careers Expo, organized by the Greater Cleveland Partnership as part of Tech Week, presents three unique and individual programs all in one seamless experience and all under one roof.
• Passport to IT Careers is an intensive and interactive opportunity for local high school students to learn about IT as a career. Students will meet IT professionals from a variety of local tech companies to discover what is available to launch an IT career right here in Northeast Ohio. Students will also engage with representatives from local colleges and universities as well as other local organizations that are part of NEO’s digital economy, to help them determine which types of pathways and institutions are available.
• Industry-Higher Education Networking: This year GCP’s college and university partners will come together to showcase their curricula, course offerings, internship and co-op possibilities, and other resources for regional employers who want to connect with their students. GCP is actively recruiting faculty, careers services, and internship staff to be on hand to connect with Expo sponsors and exhibitors about programs offered in academic disciplines that are specifically preparing students for careers in the IT field including Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and other IT adjacent academic disciplines.
• Linking Talent to Opportunity is a targeted recruiting and talent event that connects regional college and university students and recent alumni with many of the employers in Northeast Ohio with IT internship and employment opportunities. In addition to a unique IT-focused job fair, this year’s Linking Talent program features on site interviews and two career-building sessions, “Meet the Pros” and “How to Recover from Interview & Resume Fails!” These breakout sessions run concurrent with the job fair.
Why Participate in the IT Careers Expo?
If you are looking to inspire the next generation, hire IT talent, and join forces with your peer employers to raise the tech profile of our region, then the 2nd IT Careers Expo is for you! The Expo event specifically brings together employers, educators, and students to spotlight and address the high demand jobs in IT. This unique program is expected to draw 1,000 diverse students from regional high schools, colleges, and universities.
How Do We Engage?
• Companies interested in providing IT professionals as volunteers or in securing a recruiting table, contact Dean Trilling (dtrilling@ohioRITE.com) for more information.
• College and University teams interested in participating and/or finding out if your college or university is engaging in this year’s Expo, contact Doug Arthur (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
• College and University students, recent grades: Interested in attending Linking Talent to Opportunity for free? Register Today!